Sunday 8 May 2011

The Bay of Fundy and the Bustling Metropolis of Maitland

So I thought I should probably post some photos of the area where Four Seasons Farm is situated because it is really beautiful.




The Bay of Fundy has one of the highest tidal ranges in the world at 17 meters. This creates some pretty amazing mud which has a consistency and look of a really creamy chocolate frosting. Unfortunately for me, it's still too cold for mud sliding (a favourite past time in the area) but it didn't stop me going through it with gum boots on, which in hindsight, wasn't the smartest idea in the world. The mud has a fairly powerful suction and my boots got stuck so I had to remove them and pry them out with my hands - I managed it without face planting the mud or getting too much over myself.



The town of Maitland has a population of maybe 200 (that is a rough guess because no one seems to be able to give me a real answer). I happened to meet some locals on Friday night when Garret Mason (a local Blues musician) came to play at the Fire Hall in town. I think it was the biggest thing to happen in Maitland for quite some time. T'was a merry ole shindig with $3 beers - can't go wrong!



All Photos Above © Noeleen Warman

No comments:

Post a Comment